Things to do in New York City with kids
Updated: Feb 19, 2020
When we plan to go somewhere, whether it’s a holiday or just for a day out, I like to plan everything.
You see a few years ago I didn’t plan things like this and we would end up going to a certain place but then never have any ideas on what to do. Which in turn led to arguments and everyone getting frustrated, and before you know it you have wasted half a day.
So now I plan everything, I research things to do in a specific area that we plan to go, I look at options for food too ( Nothing worse than a hangry tween) it has worked wonders doing this.
You are planning a trip to New York City? Woohoo go you! How exciting. I have spoken to people before who told me NYC was rubbish when you have kids because there’s nothing to do.. What a load of rubbish.
Broadway Shows – Take your pick, there’s loads to choose from.
2. Central Park – You can relax from the hustle and bustle and have a picnic in the world famous park.
3. Statue Of Liberty – Pretty obvious one really. Even with kids it is something that everyone should see.
4. New York Aquarium – You and the kiddos will have so much fun here. So much to see and do. The Sharks are amazing.
5. Bronx Zoo – An absolute must. What a fantastic place, they do so much for the wonderful array of animals they have. Take the dinosaur safari.!
6. The Empire State Building -An iconic world famous building that is a must for the whole family. With spectacular views over the city you will be mesmerized.
7. Intrepid Sea, Air & Space Museum – An absolute must for all Space fans.
8. Childhood Museum of Manhattan – Five whole floors of Childhood fun!
9. American Natural History Museum – This is just a no brainer. If you go to NYC you have to visit this museum. It is Amazing!
10. New York Transit Museum – A must from transport mad children like mine!
11. Dylan’s Candy Bar – Oh My Word! If you like candy… Please go here. Your welcome!
12. Madame Tussauds – I know we have it in the UK but not the same work. Jaw dropping wax works that just look so realistic!
13. Nintendo World – Heaven for my boys, absolute heaven
So there you have a list of some fantastic attractions you and your kiddos can enjoy. Check out my How To Budget In New York City Post for some top tips on saving cash.