My New Year Resolutions 2019
Everyone says they will stick to their New Year resolutions,and those dreaded words appear everywhere, NEW YEAR,NEW ME.
More than half fail.
I am usually one of those people who fail.
So much so that I haven't made any resolutions for years.
This time I am determined to better my life. I am not getting any younger and I want to push myself that little bit more and achieve what I set out to do.
I have chosen ten things to put on my resolution list that I really want to try and stick to.
1) Give up unhealthy drinks - This one may seem easy to some, but I will be the first one to admit that I am addicted to fizzy drinks, no scrap that I am addicted to Pepsi. I have give up before but ended up back in that vicious circle of guzzling crazy amounts of the stuff. I want to stop completely, it's bad for you, it makes me bloated, feel sick and just sluggish and I don't want to feel like that anymore. So this is my number one for 2019 to not drink any fizzy drinks for the full year. What's even more crazy is I don't like any other fizzy drinks!
2) Eat Better - This one is probably on most people's list, for me it's more about fresher, healthier food and portion size.
We try to eat home cooked meals most of the time, so this one for me is more about adding more fish to our diets, more fresher fruits and vegetables and less salt in our diets. I actually prefer to eat mostly veg for my main meals so maybe I will add in an extra meat free day! I don't really eat much chocolate so I guess that's a good start. right?
3) Exercise more - Before I had children I was a kickboxer & Ice skater. I fell and broke my arm whilst I was on my way to work and, ever since then, my exercise levels dropped. I badly hurt my knee when Elliot was a teeny tiny tot and I haven't even thought about kickboxing since. Ice skating is a massive love of mine and something that I would do every day throughout my childhood. If I wasn't on Ice I would be watching an Ice hockey game. I want to get myself fit again and involve more exercise into my daily routine. We already do a bit of walking. With the two dogs there is no reason not to be out getting fit!
4) Build my self confidence - I literally have none. A lot has happened in my life, which I won't go into detail about, but it has taken its toll on the self confidence I did have. I want to build it back up, even if it is just a little bit. I hope to be easier on myself in 2019.
5) Learn something new each day- No matter how small it is. I like to learn so I am sure this one will be fun for me! No one knows everything. On my bucket list is a few that would come under this one so I can tick a few boxes off!
6) Yoga - This is a strange one for me, I start yoga then I give up! I will stick to it for the full year and then report on how I feel since.
I need to actually give it a chance, and to feel the full benefits of this fantastic exercise. I have tried to do it on a morning, but we are always in such a hurry I end up missing days and then I just don't bother, so I think I will set my alarm an hour earlier!
7) Keep a thought & feeling journal - I find that I function better when I write down my thoughts and feelings. I have always expressed myself best through writing. I like to get things of my mind so I will most definitely be doing this more often. Plus it gives me an excuse to buy even more notebooks!
8) Spend as little money as possible. We all overspend on things we don't need. I think.
2019 I aim to only spend what we need to, you see there is a reason behind this and that is we are planning in 2020 to buy a farm and open an animal sanctuary for mostly farm animals. We would love to be self sufficient and live from the land! I believe that we should reuse and not throw away things that still have plenty of life in them.
9) Gain a new hobby! I am very artsy and crafty but the last few years I have had little determination to actually do anything. I want to to find something new that I can be utterly in love with.
10) Read more books. I just love a good book, the paper kind not the kindle kind. I have loads of books. For 2019 I want to at least give it a good try and read almost every book that I own. We donate a few times a year to the local charity shop and then we buy more books. This is one for the boys too as they own so many books I want them to at least try to read some of the ones they already own, instead of buying new ones. At least for the first 6 months of the year.
So there you have it, my top 10 New year's resolutions. I am so determined to stick with them.
What are your resolutions if you have any?